Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Misc flight reports

In the last few weeks I have been flying every weekend.

Labor Day Weekend:

Sunday I flew out to see Jon Matcho http://www.canardzone.com/members/JonMatcho/

We flew around in his neighborhood, he bought me pizza at a place walking distance from the airport. Have I mentioned I love talking aviation and airplanes? Good chatting with him after our many phone and e-mail exchanges. I have been promising him a ride for years now!

Sunday night I took a friend for a flight around NYC, it was clean and amazing!

Monday morning I went with friends to Nantucket, it is a one hour flight even going to 9.5k and flying over land as much as possible. We went to shops the beach, there is the most amazing ice cream there! We then had a campfire dinner, it is amazing how nice the locals are, when you are a friend of a friend! Just a totally different pace and life style, as I write this from my NYC office, with sirens blaring from the street below. I felt bad, we ate and had to run at 8:00, I get up for work at 6:00 am

The stars are amazing as viewed from the plane, you could see the milky way, just beautiful!

More later!

No comments: