Wednesday, September 2, 2009

New Job! Returning to NY from Exile in Monroe, La.

THANK YOU MONROE, GOOD NIGHT!

As Rush Limbaugh says, "When there is a recession do not participate." Well I did not and I have been working a contract in Monroe, Louisiana. I have had a great time, working with great people at a great company! I'll miss the friendly nice people and relaxed life style and all my new friends! I have a job 15 minutes from home in NY.

Monroe is one of those places that the phrase "You can't get there from here" was invented for. It is costly, takes a long time, and inconvenient to get to. There are no direct flights from NY, it is typically more convenient to drive 100 miles East or West to another airport for better flights. It is actually quicker and only a little more expensive to get to with my plane. Also I get to come and go on my own schedule.

In NY I am spoiled by having SouthWest in my home town. If I can't fly direct out of Islip, I can get a direct flight from JFK, Laguardia or Newark.

While in Islip, cheaper faster to fly commercial. While in Monroe faster more convenient to fly private.

So I have many things to deal with, all good! I have a great room mate that is taking over the apartment and responsibilities that go along with it. I'll be flying the plane to NY on 9/11-9/12 and then flying SoutWest back 9/13 with a multi hour lay over in Orlando.

September 18th is my last day at the old job, and I will be packing my car and driving out that weekend, starting the new job 9/21.

My favorite canard event of the year Rough River is the following weekend. I hoped to make a long weekend of it, with the new job, I'll be getting there Saturday morning, leaving Sunday.

I'll be busy until October! :) More important, it is with good things!

No comments: