Sunday, April 11, 2010

I saved a friend $400 today

I was talking with a friend, he told me he had a printer problem, he had an HP printer & computer. He called HP tech support and was told he needed to reload his OS or just buy a new computer from them!


Problem:


The print buffer never cleared, after multiple re-boots of the printer & computer it kept printing 15 pages stuck in the buffer over and over again. Even after deleting and re-installing the printer.


Solution:


1. On the taskbar, click Start, and then click Run.



2. Enter the following:



net stop spooler (and hit enter)



3. Delete all files in the following folder:



C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Printers



4. Once the spool files are deleted, start the spooler again:



net start spooler


So I saved my friend $400, the real question is will he do my taxes for free now? :)

No comments: