Friday, February 18, 2011

The Pogoplug Love is gone :(

The Bad:

Another Pogoplug death. :(



It now looks like this



The first one died an early death, May 2010, not quite a year old.

I had great customer service! I had no idea there was a warranty!

But it looks like their power supplies have an infant mortality issue. It appears that the power supplies were manufactured with low grade capacitors. :(




The good?:

I ordered a new power supply in the mean time. The part is $9.95 and would fit in a padded envelope. The cheapest ground shipping is $14.59



The better or Beta:

I am getting a new pogoplug, don't know which model, but I will be Beta testing their new software! :)



Links to past Pogoplug posts:

The Linux Link Tech Show Podcast

Pogoplug & Samba

Great Customer Service from Pogoplug

Pogoplug for backup

Media MVP & Pogoplug

No comments: